Hey lovelies! ♥
I’m Kristen! Partner. Mom. Photographer. Coffee connoisseur. Beer enthusiast. Wine aficionado. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m a klutz. I love books and dream of having my own library one day – complete with a giant leather chair and library ladder. I’m a dreamer. I’m a lover. I try to see the good in everyone (…and I hear Sloan in my head every time I say this). I love people – I’m that weirdo sitting on a bench at the mall, sipping a coffee, and watching the world walk by.
I grew up on the prairies in small-town Manitoba. I’m a born and raised country girl. I grew up slinging bales, off-roading, and partying around bonfires. I moved to BC when I was 21, and I’ll never look back. The west coast has completely captivated me. I’ve been here for almost 13 years and it absolutely comprises everything I love about Canadian life – ocean, mountains, lakes, fresh air, amazing wildlife, cherry blossom trees, people – I love it here. I love my home. I love my life. Most importantly, I fiercely love the people who are a part of my life.
I suppose my love of people is what lead to my interest in photography. I’ve been a creative creature since the day I could hold a pencil. One of my favourite quotes is “the Earth without art is just ‘eh'” (author unknown). Photography is another form of art, and it integrates my two most favourite things in the world – creativity and people! My goal is to capture your unique selves. The realness. The love, laughter, and chaos of your life. It’s all about connection and authenticity! “We were born to be real, not to be perfect” – a quote that wholly and completely sums up my hopes and aspirations as a photographer. I want to capture everything real about you. It’s not going to be perfect, it’s going to be perfectly genuine.
A few random facts about me:
• I love tattoos. I don’t have many, but I love them. I got my first tattoo at age 14 – it was a birthday gift from my older brother (my mama was sitting right next to me when I had it done, sitting at my brother’s girlfriend’s dad’s kitchen table, hehe). My biggest tattoo is a half “sleeve”. It’s of three sparrows, and it means a whole heck of a lot to me. I was planning it for a good two years before I committed.
• I enjoy the simple things in life. Lazy weekends. Junk food and movies. Swimming in a cool lake. Reading a good book on a rainy day. Warm summer days. Bike rides with my best friend. Taking the dogs to the river. Cold beer on a hot day. Hot coffee on a cool day. The quiet that blankets the world after the first snowfall. The calm before the chaos on Christmas morning. I love these things. I try and slow my role in life as much as possible, to take the time and cherish these times. I realize this sounds cheesy as hell, but that’s just who I am. No apologies. ♥
• I’m pretty much the mushiest person you’ll ever meet.
• I hate socks. HATE. I’m barefoot about 99% of the time (even in winter).
• I’m as non-conformist as they come. I don’t prescribe to something just because I’m told it’s the “right” way. One of the most beautiful things in life and art is the freedom to do things your own way.
*Photo Cred: Stacie Carr Photography
Any questions? I’m all ears! Please contact me below.